- The following information describes the route from Rotherham Central Station to Rotherham Visitor Centre.
- The route is approximately 1.2 miles long.
- The route takes approximately 8-10 minutes to walk.
- The route leads along Central Road, Bridge Street and Bridgegate, Church Street and High Street.
- The route is mainly block paved and tarmac.
- There is some street signage along this route.
- The potential hazards along this route include crossings, narrow pathways, shop signs and slopes.
Starting Point - Rotherham Central Station
Central Road to Bridge Street
- Exit Rotherham Central Station via the main entrance and cross over Central Road.
- The crossing is level.
- The crossing is not marked.
- There is tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- Traffic could come from both directions.
- After crossing Central Road, turn to the left and follow the path round.
- This leads onto Bridge Street.
Bridge Street to Bridgegate
- After turning right onto Bridge Street continue straight ahead.
- The path here has an easy slope all the way along.
- The path along this section is a mixture of block paving and paving slabs.
- There are some signs outside some of the businesses along the path.
- There are drains at various points along the path that can cause uneven surfaces.
Bridgegate to Church Street)
Church Street to High Street
- After turning left onto Church Street proceed ahead towards High Street.
- The ground here is a long slight gradient upwards.
- The ground here is block paving, however there is a also a pavement made of paving slabs.
- This area is pedestrianised, however there is a chance of delivery vehicles or other vehicles using the area, so caution is advised.
- After approximately 200m you will come to some bollards.
- The width between the bollards is 135cm.
- Continue ahead to the junction with High Street and turn left.
High Street to Rotherham Visitor Centre
- After turning left onto High Street proceed ahead to Rotherham Visitor Centre.
- This is a pedestrianised area, however there is a chance of delivery vehicles in the area, so caution is advised.
- The ground here is a long slight gradient downwards.
- The ground is block paved.
- There are benches along this section.
- After approximately 100m you will come to Rotherham Visitor Centre on the left.