- Services / facilities within the building include changing rooms as well as accessible and standard toilets and showers. There is also a large sports hall with facilities for a range of sports and activities.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include there are 2 grass football pitches, an American football field, a cricket pitch, 8 tennis courts and 5 netball courts. These spaces can be hired for self use through the Royal Holloway University website.
- Related link Fitness Suite.
- Monday 06:30 - 23:00.
- Tuesday 06:30 - 23:00.
- Wednesday 06:30 - 23:00.
- Thursday 06:30 - 23:00.
- Friday 06:30 - 23:00.
- Saturday 06:30 - 21:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 21:00.
- From the M25, exit at junction 13 and follow the A30 towards the Egham bypass. Following this road, continue straight across the first roundabout you encounter and continue on the road, following signs for Royal Holloway University. The entrance is off the A30 on the left as you approach, clearly signposted.
- There is a site/campus car park available for permit holders only.
- There is a bus stop in front of the entrance to the university, along the A30. The bus services that run from this stop are 8, 441, 500, RH1, RH2 and RH3.
- The nearest train station is Egham. From here you can get a bus or taxi to the university. For buses, use services RH1 or RH3.
- To see more information on the Disabilities and Dyslexia Services Team please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 414 621.
- Email: [email protected].
- The Disabilities and Dyslexia Services Team are located in Founder's East. Go to room FE140. They offer support and information to students with disabilities.
- To see more information on Student Services Centre please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 276 641.
- Email: [email protected].
- The Student Services Centre offers help and advice to all students.
- To see more information on Accommodation please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- Academic buildings are generally open between 09:00 and 18:00 hrs and are on swipe card access at all other times. Residential buildings are open to residents by swipe card access only.
- Car Park 12 is currently not in use as it houses an NHS testing centre. There are no restrictions in any of the other car parks though the ANPR system is still in operation so please register if you are parking at the College for the first time.
- Queuing systems are in place for all teaching buildings and will remain until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted - specific details can be obtained from the student app.
- There have been numerous changes to facilitate social distancing and safe queuing. Full details are available on the student app.
- Access has not been reduced for any building and all accessible routes are in place as described in the guides and can still be used.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at the entrance to all large buildings where student numbers would preclude everyone washing their hands.
- Teaching space capacities have been reduced though more venues have been put into use.
- Café and restaurant capacities (when these are allowed to open) have also been reduced.
- Study space capacity has been reduced with approximately half the spaces not in use to allow proper social distancing.
- One way systems now exist in some buildings though not all - full details are available on the student app.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signage is in place on walls and doors identifying routes to and from teaching spaces and reminding people to wear face coverings.
- All counters have a protective screen. All shared study spaces are fitted with dividers.
- Use of the lifts is restricted to those who are moving items or who have issues with using the stairs.
- Signage is present on some smaller toilets asking people to knock and wait before entering.
- Some urinals and sinks in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Changing areas have reduced capacities.
- COVID marshals are in place to assist at the busier teaching spaces.
- The Campus has NQA COVID secure status which it received in September 2020.
- The College is running an Asymptomatic testing centre for staff and students - located in the picture gallery - intended to help stop the Asymtomatic transmission of COVID-19.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The building does have its own dedicated parking.
Building Car Park
- The car park can be used by visitors and permit holders.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
- The car park is located at the rear of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- There is/are 3 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 240cm x 480cm (7ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do not vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The nearest designated bay is 65m (71yd 3in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the building is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The bays have a marked area on both sides and at the rear over 120cm.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
Reception (Sports Centre Reception)
- The Sports Centre Reception is located directly ahead as you enter.
- The desk is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to this reception area.
- The lighting levels in the reception area are moderate to good.
- The reception desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is 120cm high.
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is not clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is no directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There are vending machines in the foyer area with controls varying from 110 to 120cm.
- There is a sports hall available that can be booked out. This is on the right side of the building, with an entrance to the right as you enter and another entrance towards the rear of the building.
- The door width is 150cm (double doors).
- The alternate door is a single heavy door that opens towards you and has a width of 82cm.
- The sports hall is a multi-use area with facilities for a variety of sports.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 175cm x 280cm (5ft 9in x 9ft 2in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- There are dropdown rails on both sides of the toilet.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The height of the coat hook is 185cm from the floor.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available for the toilet.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 110cm.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- The wash basin is height adjustable.
- There is a baby changing facility that flips down to a height of 82cm.
- The accessible shower is located within this cubicle.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The accessible shower(s) surveyed is/are located in the accessible toilet.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower(s) include; an adjustable shower head and a flip-down seat.
- There is level access to the services from the accessible shower facilities.
- The flip down seat is height adjustable.
- There is a moveable and height adjustable set of shelves in the shower area.
Location of Standard Toilet(s)
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the ground floor.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A male standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located to the left as you enter, in the changing rooms.
- There is step free access to the standard toilet(s) surveyed from the entrance.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 10m from the main entrance.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.
- The female toilet is located in the female changing rooms, which are on the left side of the building towards the rear.
Standard Changing Room
- There is a/are standard changing room(s) available.
- The standard changing room(s) surveyed is/are located to the left as you enter.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the reception desk.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the sports hall.
- There is level access to the standard changing room(s).
- Shower facilities are available.
- The shower(s) surveyed is/are located in the standard changing rooms.
- There is level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- The doors for the shower are 58cm.