- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions, however all buildings are still open during core hours i.e. 9 - 5. The only building that may be closed is the leisure centre due to government restrictions.
- There have been no changes to parking as a result of Covid-19.
- There are no external queuing systems.
- All main entrances are used for access and exit.
- When entering any building you must be wearing a face mask.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There are hand sanitising stations at the entrance of every building and throughout.
- There may be restrictions on the numbers of people allowed into service areas at any one time. There may be building attendants at the entrance to each building.
- There are one way systems in a number of buildings, these are clearly marked.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been put up on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- All counters and main reception desks have a protective screen.
- Toilets are available.
- Some shower cubicles have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- The communal changing area is closed. The changing area is restricted to 5 people.
- Services / facilities within the building include Rail services.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Salford.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Opening times do vary depending on timetabling.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 166cm (5ft 5in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located at the front entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Reception (Ticket office)
- The desk/counter is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There are 2 platform(s) in the station.
- The station is staffed.
- There are generally 2 member(s) of staff on duty.
- There is an office to obtain help.
- This office is located between platforms 1 and 2.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are available to access platforms.
- Accessible toilets are located on the platform(s).
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
Train Station Platform
- This information is for platform(s) 1, 2.
- The platform(s) accessed by lift is / are 1, 2.
- There are 15+ deep steps down to the platforms from the ticket office. These steps are clearly marked and have rails on both sides.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are the platforms and the walkway.
- The lift is approximately 51m (55yd 2ft) from the main entrance to the left.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 160cm x 160cm (5ft 3in x 5ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial, Braille and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right just past the ticket office.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the ticket office.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 152cm x 270cm (4ft 12in x 8ft 10in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 113cm (3ft 8in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a baby change within the accessible toilet height 94cm.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.