Getting Help and Assistance
- For the Port Lympne accessibility page please click here please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the gatehouse, your car keys or driver's licence will be securely held as a deposit for the duration of your visit. The wheelchair is not motorised. We recommend calling in advance to pre-book the wheelchair on 01303 264 647.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people who may feel scared or at risk.
- Animal experiences Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality, and health and safety, this cannot always be achieved; please contact the venue for advice on 01303 264 647 before booking.
- If you require advice or assistance on your visit please call the venue on 01303 234 112.
- As parts of Port Lympne are quite steep, they offer reduced admission for disabled guests and have selected routes for wheelchairs. Please ask for advice. This discount is not available with online tickets. One free carer will be admitted with a disabled guest when purchasing a day ticket or the carer can purchase a concessionary annual pass which can be passed to any carer who accompanies the disabled person on any visit. One free carer will be admitted for a single day visit when a disabled guest purchases a concessionary day ticket or membership. Concession and registered carer tickets can be purchased at the gatehouse when you arrive at Port Lympne.
Related Access Guides (Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve link (new tab) - click here.
- The outdoor seating is located outside the restaurant.
- There is step-free access to the outdoor seating.
- The distance between the floor and the underside of the lowest dining table is 68cm.
- The distance between the floor and the underside of the highest dining table is 71cm.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests on both sides.
- The type of flooring in this area is wood and loose chippings.
Ramp or Slope and Steps
- The ramp is slight and between 75cm and 150cm wide .
- The ramp has handrails on both sides.
- There are 3 steps.
- The steps are not clearly marked with handrails on both sides.
- The ramp overcomes the steps.
Accessible Toilet (next to Baby Doll's Wood Fired Restaurant- Left Hand Transfer)
- This accessible toilet is located next to Baby Doll's Wood Fired Restaurant.
- There is step-free level access into the accessible toilet.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the door.
- The door is manual, opens outwards and has a poor colour contrast with the surrounding walls.
- The width of the accessible toilet door opening is 89cm.
- The door has a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the cubicle are 147cm x 211cm and it does not have a 150cm x 150cm turning space.
- There is a lateral transfer space to the left of the seat.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm from the side of the toilet pan to the wall.
- There is a push button flush on the transfer side.
- The following grab rails are available: a horizontal grab rail on the door, a horizontal grab rail on the non transfer side and vertical grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- The following fixtures can be reached from the toilet seat: the toilet roll holder.
- The following fixtures cannot be reached from the toilet seat: the wash basin, the soap dispenser and hand dryer.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm.
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 95cm.
- The wash basin tap type is lever mixer.
- The height of the wash basin is 74cm.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 110cm.
- The height of the towel dispenser is 120cm.
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm.
- The height of the baby change is 91cm.
- There is pull cord emergency alarm at a recommended height (within 10cm from the floor).
- There is not a shelf.
- The cubicle also has: a waste bin without lid, a nappy/incontinence items bin and a sanitary bin.
- The cubicle does not have a mirror and coat hooks.
- The following have a good colour contrast with their surroundings: all grab rails, the dropdown rail, the floor and the toilet seat.
- The following have a less clear colour contrast with their surroundings: the internal door.
Standard Toilet (next to Baby Doll's Wood Fired Restaurant)
- The door is manual, opens outwards and has a good colour contrast with the surrounding walls.
- The male and female standard toilets were surveyed.
- The wash basin tap type is lever mixer.
- There is a baby change facility which is not at a recommended height (between 70cm - 75cm).
- The entrance surveyed is located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a single manual door which open away from you.
- The width of the opening is 82cm.
Eating and Drinking
- This is a restaurant which serves hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is step-free level access.
- Tables can be booked in advance.
- There is full table service.
- Menu types include; handheld menus and written wall menus.
- Menus are easy to read.
- The following are available here: drinking straws and a portable card machine for payment.
- There is background noise here.
- The seating area has: room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre (150cm x 150cm) and chairs without armrests.
- The seating area does not have: a mixture of chairs with and without armrests.
- Tables are at a recommended height for wheelchair users (between 70cm - 80cm).
- All flooring in the area is smooth and even.
- The majority of the flooring includes large repeating patterns in bold colours, which may look like steps or holes to some people.