Getting Help and Assistance
- For the Port Lympne accessibility page please click here please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the gatehouse, your car keys or driver's licence will be securely held as a deposit for the duration of your visit. The wheelchair is not motorised. We recommend calling in advance to pre-book the wheelchair on 01303 264 647.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people who may feel scared or at risk.
- Animal experiences Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality, and health and safety, this cannot always be achieved; please contact the venue for advice on 01303 264 647 before booking.
- If you require advice or assistance on your visit please call the venue on 01303 234 112.
- As parts of Port Lympne are quite steep, they offer reduced admission for disabled guests and have selected routes for wheelchairs. Please ask for advice. This discount is not available with online tickets. One free carer will be admitted with a disabled guest when purchasing a day ticket or the carer can purchase a concessionary annual pass which can be passed to any carer who accompanies the disabled person on any visit. One free carer will be admitted for a single day visit when a disabled guest purchases a concessionary day ticket or membership. Concession and registered carer tickets can be purchased at the gatehouse when you arrive at Port Lympne.
Related Access Guides (Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve link (new tab) - click here.
- The entrance surveyed is located next to the hotel.
- There is step-free level access at this entrance.
- There are double manual doors which open towards you.
- The width of the opening is 150cm.
Eating and Drinking
- This is a restaurant which serves hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Tables can be booked in advance.
- There is full table service.
- Menu types include; handheld menus.
- Menus are easy to read.
- The following are available here: drinking straws.
- There may be background noise here.
- The seating area has: room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre (150cm x 150cm), chairs without armrests, bench seats and high stools.
- The seating area does not have: room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre (150cm x 150cm).
- There are some tables which are at a recommended height for wheelchair users (between 70cm - 80cm).
- The following furniture is permanently fixed: some of the chairs.
- All flooring in the area is smooth and even.
Accessible Toilet (The Garden Room Restaurant - No Lateral Transfer)
- This accessible toilet is located The rear of the restaurant.
- There is step-free level access into the accessible toilet.
- There is written text signage on or near the door.
- The door is manual, opens outwards and has a good colour contrast with the surrounding walls.
- The width of the accessible toilet door opening is 78cm.
- The door has a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the cubicle are 145cm x 270cm and it does not have a 150cm x 150cm turning space.
- There is not a lateral transfer space next to the seat.
- There is a spatula flush on the left, but there is no transfer space.
- The following grab rails are available: a horizontal grab rail on the door, a horizontal grab rail on the right as you face the toilet, a vertical grab rail on the left as you face the toilet and vertical grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- The following fixtures can be reached from the toilet seat: the toilet roll holder, the wash basin and the soap dispenser.
- The following fixtures cannot be reached from the toilet seat: towel dispenser.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm.
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 93cm.
- The wash basin tap type is lever.
- The height of the wash basin is 72cm.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 105cm.
- The height of the towel dispenser is 100cm.
- The height of the baby change is 90cm.
- There is a pull cord emergency alarm but it is not at a recommended height (within 10cm from the floor).
- There is not a shelf.
- The cubicle also has: a full length mirror, a waste bin with lid, a nappy/incontinence items bin and a sanitary bin.
- The cubicle does not have coat hooks.
- The following have a good colour contrast with their surroundings: the internal door and the floor.
- The following have a less clear colour contrast with their surroundings: all grab rails, the dropdown rail and the toilet seat.
- The male and female standard toilets were surveyed.
- The wash basin tap type is sensor.