Getting Help and Assistance
- For additional information on accessibility at Warwick Castle please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people who may feel scared or at risk.
- The designated place of safety is located at the rear of the Castle Courtyard, beneath the Time Tower.
- There are a limited number of wheelchairs and mobility scooters available.
These are free to hire.
Scooters should be booked in advance of your visit.
Wheelchairs are offered on a first come first served basis.
Warwick Castle is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme. The free lanyards can be collected from the Castle Entrance.
- Disabled guests are welcomed to visit with a free carer ticket. Please select the carer ticket from the options and bring valid documentation with you (as a condition of entry).
- During busier periods Fast Tract Queuing is available for an individual and their carer, please speak to a member of staff for more information.
- Quiet Times and Spaces -
January to March (excluding half term) are generally quieter months, as is November.
Mid-week also tends to be quieter than weekends throughout the year.
10.00 to 11.00 and 15.00 to 16.00 are generally quieter times.
- The Sensory Room and Quiet Space is located to the far right of the Castle Courtyard, beneath the Time Tower.
- For the Castle Courtyard Access Guide please click here (new tab).
- The nearest changing places is located to the right of the Conservatory Tea House.
- For more information on the changing places please click here (new tab).
- The nearest accessible toilet is located within the Great Hall and Upper State Rooms, ahead as you enter from the accessible entrance.
- The nearest standard toilets are located at the rear of the castle courtyard, in the Undercroft, there is stepped only access to these toilets.
Ramp(s) or Slope(s) (Access to the Time Tower and Sensory Room)
- There is a ramp/slope located to the far right of the Castle Courtyard, by the Time Tower.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
Sensory Room (Welfare Room)
- The sensory room is located to the far right of the Castle Courtyard, beneath the Time Tower.
- There is ramped/sloped access into the sensory room.
- The width of the door opening is 77cm.
- The door has a closer and maybe difficult for some to open.
- The room does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is an additional entrance at the bottom of the Time Tower.
The door opens away from you (push) and is permanently held open.
The width of the door is 73cm.
A member of staff is required to give you access to the room.
The facilities within the room include a changing bench, privacy screen, two seater sofa, two armchairs, a high chair, microwave, kettle, medical waste bins, weighted blanket, spare clothes, sensory toys and bean bags.
There is one 11cm step to access the bean bags and sensory toys.
There is a press to exit switch that is 130cm in height.