Show Easy Read
- Related link Iford Building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Trowbridge campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Trowbridge.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located true.
- The car park is outside the Kennet Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 370cm x 600cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The parking bays are used for Kennet Building, Farleigh Building, Iford Building and Deveril.
- The College uses Parking Eye to manage the car parks. There is a 15 minute waiting time for visitors. If a visitor plans to be longer than 15 minutes they must register their car at reception. Students and staff register their vehicles for daily use.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in) wide.
- This entrance is push pad operated when entering and exiting the building.
- The push pads are located at a height of 95cm.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional classrooms.
Route from Main Reception to the Farleigh Building via the Kennet Building Rear Entrance
- Visitors to the Farleigh Building who have parked at the Main Entrance to the College in the Ashton Building can follow the internal route to the Kennet Building rear entrance and on to the Farleigh Building. The route is approximately 200m in total.
Main Entrance to the Broughton Building (Ground Floor)
- The internal distance from the main entrance to the Broughton Building is approximately 25m.
- After entering the college via the main entrance proceed towards the reception desk and bear left.
- On your left is a flight of four steps up to the entrance doors to the Broughton Building. The steps have handrails on both sides, clear markings and are medium height.
- Alternatively, go straight ahead for 15m, past the reception desk on your right and passing the reception seating on your left. There is a ramp against the wall to your left. The ramp has handrails and level landings.
- At the top of the ramp there is a level landing with the double doors to the Broughton Building on your right. These doors are 148cm in width and open automatically towards you via push pad. The height of the push pad is 95cm. Flooring throughout this part of the route is non-slip slate tile.
- Beyond the Broughton Building entrance doors the corridor is carpeted.
Main Entrance to the Edington Building via the Broughton Building
- Follow the route from the main entrance to the Broughton Building.
- The internal distance from the main entrance to the Edington Building via the Broughton Building is approximately 85m.
- The double doors to the Broughton Building are 148cm in width and open automatically towards you via push pad. The height of the push pad is 95cm.
- Beyond the Broughton Building entrance doors the corridor is carpeted.
- Go straight ahead for 40m, through the Broughton Building, passing the accessible and standard toilets on your left, to the double doors facing you.
- The doors are 148cm in width and are held open away from you on magnetic catches (they will close automatically in the event of fire).
- On passing through the door the flooring changes to a textured vinyl surface, which is slightly reflective. To your left is the outside access door to the Broughton Building and to the right stairs to the first floor.
- Continue straight ahead through the internal double doors into the main corridor of the Edington Building. The doors are push pad operated and open automatically towards you. The doors are 148cm in width.
Main Entrance to the Kennet Building via the Broughton and Edington Builings
- Follow the route sections from the main entrance through the Broughton and Edington Buildings.
- The internal distance from the main entrance to the Kennet Building via the Broughton and Edington Buildings is approximately 125m.
- Go straight ahead through the Edington Building passing the lift on your right and the Hygiene Room accessible toilet and shower facilities to your left.
- Continue straight ahead along the corridor for 50m to the double doors facing you. The doors are 148cm in width and held open on magnetic catches (they will close automatically in the event of fire).
- The flooring in the lobby is textured vinyl. The stairs to the first floor are to your left and beyond them the rear entrance.
- Turn to the right through the double doors which are held open on magnetic catches (they will close in the event of fire). The width of the opening is 148cm.
- Follow the corridor which is an easy upward slope with a carpeted surface. At the level landing turn left and continue up the slope. There are no handrails.
- At the next landing, on the left, is the Kennet Building side entrance and a lift for the use of mobility impaired people only.
- Continue straight ahead on the slope for a further 5m then turn right at the top.
- Ahead is the corridor serving the Art Department.
- There is an open doorway 5m to your left which leads directly into Costa Coffee with the counter to your right and seating to the left. The flooring in this area is vinyl tiles.
- Go straight ahead for 15m into the atrium area at the rear entrance. The doors are 180cm in width and open automatically away from you. There is a slight threshold in the doorway.
Kennet Building to the Farleigh Building
- On leaving the Kennet Building turn left under the canopy and go straight ahead for 8m then turn right.
- Go straight ahead for 15m, up the slight slope and the entrance to the Farleigh Building will be on your left. The doors are push pad operated and open automatically towards you. The height of the push pad is 100cm.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located in Iford Building.
- Please see the guide for Iford Building for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located towards the rear of the building.
- The female and male toilets are 11m (12yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.