- Dark Forest is located to the rear left of The Towers and is accessed via The Towers access point or via a path to the side, before entering.
- For more information on Alton Towers Resort please click here (new tab).
- Rides/Attractions within this area include; Rita and Th13teen.
- The nearest changing places is located in The Towers, near the front of the Dark Forest access point.
- For more information on the changing places please click here (new tab).
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in The Towers Burger Kitchen.
- The nearest standard toilets are located in The Towers, near the front of the Dark Forest access point.
- The nearest baby change facilities are located in The Towers, near the front of the Dark Forest access point.
- For more information on the standard toilets/baby change facilities please click here (new tab).
- The guest information point is located in No.1 Towers Street, near to the Main Resort Entrance.
- For more information on the guest information point please click here (new tab).
- The medical centre is located between Towers Street and Mutiny Bay.
- For more information on the medical centre please click here (new tab).
COVID-19 Information (Alton Towers Resort)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking.
- There are external queuing systems at the main resort entrance and for the rides/attractions and buildings within the resort.
The external queuing systems for the main resort entrance have been designated into numbered lanes which ensures social distancing.
- Guest temperatures are checked before entering the resort. Any person who is displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted to enter. Please contact Guest Services should you have any concerns.
- Members of staff are available for assistance at the main resort entrance and within the resort.
- There are entrance and exit doors at the majority of shops/restaurants around the resort.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the resort and inside buildings/toilets.
- There is a limited capacity within the resort and all tickets must be pre-booked in advance.
- Face masks are required on selected rides, indoor attractions and queue lines, shops and toilets, public areas in hotels and when queuing inside for food and drinks.
- Guests are advised to keep left when using walkways and roaming the resort.
- Floor markings are in place at the majority of ride/attraction queuing systems and throughout walkways, to allow for social distancing.
- Signage has been installed throughout the resort informing guests of the safety measures and instructions to follow.
- Clear screens have been installed at all guest facing counters/desks.
- Toilets remain open as usual, however some cubicles/urinals will be closed off to allow for social distancing.
- Additional hygiene and cleaning programmes have been introduced around the resort with all front facing staff wearing PPE.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the theme park map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a member of staff or Guest Services.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people who may feel scared or at risk.
- The quiet/safe place is located in No.1 Towers Street.
- Ear defenders and RADAR keys are available from Guest Services.
- Portable hearing loops are available for use around the resort. These are available from Guest Services.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the resort.
- All staff undertake Disability Awareness and Equality Training.
Ramp(s) or Slope(s) (The Towers Area Access Point)
- There is a ramp/slope located ahead as you enter The Towers area access point.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
Access and Circulation
- The main access point for Dark Forest is through The Towers area.
This area can also be accessed via a path to the left of The Towers access point, which leads into the rear of Dark Forest.
- There is ramped/sloped access throughout this area.
- This area is situated on a downhill slope. The gradient of the slope varies between slight and steep.
- There are slight slopes leading to the food and drink kiosks.
- There are some features in this area which could cause a potential trip hazard.
- The surface throughout consists of block paving.
- The floor surface may be uneven in places.
- During busy periods this area can become congested.
- There are resting areas in this area.
- Seating in the resting area(s) include(s); bench seating and picnic tables with fixed seating.
- Vending machines are available in this area.
- The vending machine controls range from 90cm to 136cm.
- Freestyle drinks machines are available in this area.
- The Freestyle drinks machine controls range from 135cm to 163cm.
- The lowered controls designed for wheelchair users are at a height of 92.
- Lockers are available in this area.
- There is a designated smoking area located to the rear of Dark Forest.
- The main access point for Dark Forest is through The Towers area.
Signage and Audio
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is background music/noise in this area.
Ramp(s) / Slope(s) and Step(s) (Lockers)
Ramp / Slope
- There is a ramp/slope located leading to the locker area.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 106cm (3ft 6in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp leads to an entrance which opens towards you. The opening width is 85cm.
- There is a/are step(s) located leading to the locker area.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the step(s).
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
Eating and Drinking (Tormented Treats)
Location and Access
- The following information is for the food and drink kiosk.
- There is step-free access to the food and drink kiosk.
Service and Menus
- Menu types include; written wall menus and picture wall menus.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- Staff can read menus to customers if requested.
- The type of food served here is snacks and drinks.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Adapted cups are not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The height of the counter is 90cm.
- There is a moveable card machine available for payment.
- The type of flooring in this area is block paving.