Show Easy Read
- Related link Arrivals Hall.
- Related link World Duty Free.
- Related link Departure Lounge and Mezzanine Level.
Route from Arrivals Hall Lift to Security Entrance
- Security is located on the first floor, to the right when facing the check-in desks.
- The Arrivals Hall lift is also located to the right when facing the check-in desks.
- Exit the Arrivals Hall lift on the first floor.
- Turn right and enter the initial security check.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- When reaching the end of SOHO Coffee Co, the Security entrance is located immediately on the left hand side.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor to the right of the lift.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- There are two sections at the entrance, a fast track aisle to the left and aisles for all other passengers towards the right. This area is under reconstruction and staff guide passengers to the correct position.
- The security checkpoint hall has wheelchair access at each pair of desks.
- Passengers with disabilities who need to be checked are usually taken through desks 1-2 (A) or 9-10 (E). The X-ray equipment at 9-10 is larger and can be used to check certain aids, additionally there is more space and more privacy at the end desks.
- Passengers with wheelchairs, mobility aids, assistance dogs, prostheses and equipment such as cochlear implants and pacemakers may be checked in a different way.
- Some passengers may need additional privacy, for example people wearing medical equiment or those with autism and other mental health needs.
- The process is quick and discreet and family groups are not split up.
- The standard security metal detector is 74cm wide and every pair of desks has a bypass gate at 105cm wide for access if required.
- Beyond the detector is a security scanner pod.
- The passenger stands in the pod with their feet on the yellow prints on the floor and then they adopt the position illustrated.
- On leaving the scanner the staff may need to manually check anything which has shown up (for example zips, belts etc).
- Any passenger who would have difficulty standing, adopting the position or any other reason can be manually checked with a handheld scanner.
- It is preferable, but not essential, for those passengers to use gates 1-2 (A) or 9-10 (E).
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 1-M.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the end of security to the left, just before reaching the World Duty Free entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 1-M.
- The lift is 36m (39yd 1ft) from the security gate.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 183cm x 242cm (6ft x 7ft 11in).
- The clear door width is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the left hand side of the departure lounge when entering through World Duty Free.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the right hand side of the departure lounge when entering through World Duty Free.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.