- Services / facilities within the building include staff offices, meeting rooms and administrative support.
- Related link Route Plan 8 - Main Entrance Building To Felix Post Unit.
- The Felix Post Centre is the base for the Psychosis Clinical Academic Group Management Team.
- It is used for staff and their visitors - patients are not seen in this building.
- The building is located in a pedestrian area at the rear of the Main Entrance Building and can be reached through it.
- There is a covered walkway from the rear entrance of the Main Entrance Building to the Felix Post Centre.
- See the Hospital Grounds Guide for details of routes through the site.
- It is over 200m from this building to both the staff and visitor car parks.
Getting Here (Maudsley Hospital)
- Maudsley Hospital is located in Camberwell, South London just off Denmark Hill. It is approximately 0.6 km from the A202 (Peckham Road) which gives access to the A3 and A23 to the West and the A2 and 20 to the East.
- The Hospital has its own car park which is located at the front of the hospital. Blue Badge bays are available.
- The nearest bus stop is Kings College (Stop A) which is located on Denmark Hill and is approximately 90 metres from the main hospital entrance. Services that stop here are the 42, 68, 468 and N68.
- The nearest train station is Denmark Hill approximately 200 metres away located to the South of the hospital site.
- The nearest tube station is Brixton, approximately 2.3 km away via Denmark Hill, Cold Harbour Lane, Lilford Road and Brixton Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Opening Times (Staff Hours)
- Monday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Southwark.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Denmark Hill.
- The nearest underground station is Brixton.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located true.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 350cm (13ft 1in x 11ft 6in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance, using the ramp.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance, using the ramp.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the left of the main entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- The Blue Badge bays are located outside the Main Entrance Building, separate from the main pay and display section of the car park.
- Blue Badge parking is limited to two hours.
- Blue Badge holders can refund parking vouchers at the main reception.
- Each of the bays has a lockable post which is opened by a member of the reception staff on request.
- Reception can be contacted on 020 3228 2135.
- Visitors may wait in the drop-off area whilst waiting for staff.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- There is not a hand sanitiser.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width with a locked extension leaf.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 85cm.
- The ramp/slope is located at the front of the building.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilets are located in the Main Entrance Building, over 75m away.
- Please see the guide to that building for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left of the main corridor.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 27m (29yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located through the open plan office area to the right of the main corridor.
- The male toilet(s) is/are approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet(s).
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings and adjustable beds.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- Hearing Loops are available on request.
- Interpreters are available on request.
- There are a number of policies specifically relating to safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children, as well as infection control policies.
- Please contact the health and safety clinical advisors for further information on the hospital.
- There is a cashpoint within King's Hospital, 100m from the main reception.
Related Access Guides
- To view other access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Main Entrance Building link (new tab) - click here.
- 111 Denmark Hill link (new tab) - click here.