- Services / facilities within the grounds include shared parking, quayside ticket office, waiting area, gangway, The Clansman Hotel, restaurant and shop.
- Loch Ness by Jacobite have a variety of cruise and tour options.
The Contemplation Cruise departing from Dochgarroch Lock is wheelchair accessible. Contemplation is a 2 hour round trip starting from Dochgarroch along the Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness with views of Urquhart Castle.
The Inspiration Cruise is a 50 minute round trip from Clansman Harbour on Loch Ness with views of Urquhart Castle. It is not suitable for wheelchair users.
The Freedom Cruise is a 2.5 hour round trip from Clansman Harbour on Loch Ness and includes a 50 minute cruise on Loch Ness and a 1 hour visit to Urquhart Castle. It is not suitable for those with mobility issues.
The Temptation Tour is a 3hr coach, cruise and castle combination departing from Inverness bus station. This tour is run in partnership with D&E Coaches. This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility impairments.
- Departure points are Dochgarroch Lock and The Clansman Harbour.
Clansman Harbour is not accessible for wheelchair users and is not recommended for those who have a walking disability.
Dochgarroch Lock is the most accessible boarding location for the cruises. Assistance dogs only are permitted to enter Urquhart Castle and grounds.
- Dochgarroch Loch link (new tab) - click here.
- Jacobite Maverick link (new tab) - click here.
- Jacobite Warrior link (new tab) - click here.
- Urquhart Castle and Visitor Centre link (new tab) - click here.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Inverness.
- The venue is 9 miles from Inverness City centre located on the A82 by the Loch Ness Clansman Hotel.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- This car park is a shared car park with the Loch Ness Clansman Hotel, Restaurant and Shop.
- The car park is located in front of the Clansman Hotel.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 230cm x 470cm (7ft 7in x 15ft 5in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is not accessible to a wheelchair user.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is no wheelchair access to the harbour from the car park.
- There are 21 deep steps and a steep ramp down to the harbour.
Access Point (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the access point located in the Clansman Hotel car park.
- There is an information board/map at this access point.
- There is stepped access at this access point.
- There is no gate at this access point.
- The width of the gap is 90cm.
- The ramp/slope is located at the end of the access path.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located just beyond the access point.
- There is/are 15+ step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 19cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do not cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are not easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a low bridge on the footpath to the harbour.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 100m (109yd 1ft) from the access point in the car park.
- There is not level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The ticket window is 99cm high.
- There is a 5cm high step in front of the hut.
- Access to the harbour from the car park is by a stepped and steep ramped path. It is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility difficulties.
- The path has concrete slabs and tarmac. The harbour area has loose chippings.
- There is a ticket office and covered waiting area with bench seating.
Outside Access (Gangway)
- This information is for the entrance located at the harbour boat landing.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The gangway on to the boats is height adjustable.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- There are accessible toilet facilities in The Clansman.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- There are standard toilet facilities available in The Clansman.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.