- Services / facilities within the building include Crowngate Car Park, Crowngate Shopping Centre - Friary Walk and Worcester Crowngate Bus Station.
- Related link Crowngate Shopping Centre - Friary Walk.
- Related link Crowngate Car Park.
- Related link Worcester Crowngate Bus Station.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:15.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:15.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:15.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:15.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:15.
- Saturday 09:00 - 16:15.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located on level 6 of the Crowngate Car Park.
- The car park type is multi storey.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 8 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 500cm x 750cm (16ft 5in x 24ft 7in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the Shopmobility entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 50m (54yd 2ft) from the Shopmobility entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 200cm (6ft 7in).
- Scooters and wheelchairs can be brought to the car for direct transfer.
- There are additional standard size car park spaces within the Shopmobility area. It is asked that the Blue Badge bays are kept available for disabled drivers and that disabled passengers transfer to a scooter / wheelchair in a clear area and allow the driver to park in a standard space.
Outside Access (Shopmobility Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
Outside Access (Shopping Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the Shopmobility car park area.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The lighting levels at the ramp/slope are good.
Lift (Shopping Centre Entrance)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left after you enter shopping centre entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- The lift is approximately 18m (19yd 2ft) from the shopping centre entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 190cm x 220cm (6ft 3in x 7ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The desk/counter is 1m (3ft 3in) from the Shopmobility entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Route maps are not available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does not have to be booked in advance.
- There is a hire charge.
- Escorts are not normally available to assist around town / city.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- Membership of the scheme is required at £10 per year, and there is a fee of £3 per visit.
- Equipment can be borrowed for the full day, from 09:00 to 16:15.
- Small mobility scooters and manual wheelchairs can be hired for holiday use.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the Shopmobility entarnce.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens by sliding.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 210cm (5ft 3in x 6ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 41cm (1ft 4in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located opposite the accessible toilet, to the left as you enter.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the Shopmobility entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.