- Union Square is located in the centre of Aberdeen off South College Street, Guild Street, Market Street or Palmerston Road.
- There are 3 car parks at Union Square offering you a total of 1700 car parking spaces. Union Square car parks are easily accessible from Market Street, Palmerston Road and College Street. All car parks are open 24 hours a day. The car parks are Pay and Display, with an automatic number plate recognition system in place to monitor payment. If you have any problems there are help points located throughout the car park or call us on 01224 254326 and someone will be happy to help. Our car parks are all monitored by CCTV and contain dedicated disabled and parent and child spaces. Our Multi-Storey car park also has charging points for electric vehicles. The 8 electric car charging points are available on Level 1 of the multi-storey car park. To operate these simply open the cover and plug in. There is no cost for this service.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Union Square is conveniently located adjacent to Aberdeen Bus Station and close to most major bus routes through Aberdeen City Centre. Aberdeen bound Stagecoach Bluebird buses all call at the bus station which is joined to the Union Square building. Local Aberdeen City buses are operated by First Aberdeen and services 3, 3G, 5, 12 and 27 stop on Guild Street outside St Magnus House.
- The nearest Railway Station is Aberdeen.
- Union Square connects to Aberdeen Station through the doorways in the main atrium. Aberdeen has train services linking directly with Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness and also with London and many other destinations across England. The train also provides a direct link for people living in Aberdeenshire with services available from Dyce, Inverurie, Insch, Huntly, Portlethen, Stonehaven and Laurencekirk.
- For more information on National Rail services please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- Quiet shopping/Autism hour occurs Sunday 11:00-12:00.
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Market Street.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does have a barrier control system.
- Controls at the barrier are within the range of 100cm to 110cm.
- The barrier controls/touchscreen can be reached from the car.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 10+ designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 490cm x 490cm (16ft 1in x 16ft 1in).
- There is not a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There is an additional car park for visitors.
- There is an additional car park located off College Street.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is not free for visitors of the venue.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the entrance to the car park and throughout the car park.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located close to the Blue Badge parking bays.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
- There is a/are clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The drop-off points(s) is/are located next to the entrance to Union Square.
- The route from the drop-off point(s) to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
Route from Surface Car Park to Union Square
- There is step free access to Union Square Shopping Centre.
- There are pedestrian crossings from the car park to the paths outside the shopping centre.
- There are bollards in places leading to the shopping centre. The minimum width between the bollards is 120cm.
- There is a very easy slope leading up to the shopping centre from parking spaces located to the left as you face of the shopping centre.
- The surface outside the shopping centre is concrete tiles.
Outside Access (Surface Car Park and Shopping Park Ground Floor Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located next to the Surface Car Park and Shopping Park.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 210cm.
Union Square Shopping Centre and Shopping Park
- For more information about Union Square Shopping Centre - Ground Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Union Square Shopping Centre - First Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Union Square Shopping Park please click here (opens in new tab).