- Union Square is located in the centre of Aberdeen off South College Street, Guild Street, Market Street or Palmerston Road.
- There are 3 car parks at Union Square offering you a total of 1700 car parking spaces. Union Square car parks are easily accessible from Market Street, Palmerston Road and College Street.
All car parks are open 24 hours a day. The car parks are Pay and Display, with an automatic number plate recognition system in place to monitor payment.
If you have any problems, there are help points located throughout the car park or call us on 01224 254 326 and someone will be happy to help.
Our car parks are all monitored by CCTV and contain dedicated disabled and parent and child spaces.
Our Multi-Storey car park also has charging points for electric vehicles. The 8 electric car charging points are available on Level 1 of the multi-storey car park. To operate these simply open the cover and plug in. There is no cost for this service.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Union Square is conveniently located adjacent to Aberdeen Bus Station and close to most major bus routes through Aberdeen City Centre.
Aberdeen bound Stagecoach Bluebird buses all call at the bus station which is joined to the Union Square building.
Local Aberdeen City buses are operated by First Aberdeen and services 3, 3G, 5, 12 and 27 stop on Guild Street outside St Magnus House.
- The nearest Railway Station is Aberdeen.
- Union Square connects to Aberdeen Station through the doorways in the main atrium.
Aberdeen has train services linking directly with Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness and also with London and many other destinations across England.
The train also provides a direct link for people living in Aberdeenshire with services available from Dyce, Inverurie, Insch, Huntly, Portlethen, Stonehaven and Laurencekirk.
- For more information on National Rail services please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The venue offers a quiet shopping experience.
- A quiet shopping/Autism hour occurs every Sunday 11:00-12:00.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, mobility scooters, walking sticks and walking frames.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact Able Deen Shopmobility (01224 254 338) on Level P1.
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Market Street or Palmerston Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are signposted and have markings which are faded.
- There is/are 10+ designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 240cm x 495cm (7ft 10in x 16ft 3in).
- There is a 120cm marked zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- The Blue Badge parking bays have a marked zone to both sides and rear.
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There is an additional car park for visitors.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is not free for visitors of the venue.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the entrance to the car park and throughout the car park.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located inside the building.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is concrete tiles.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 40m (43yd 2ft) from the entrance.
- There is a/are clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The drop-off point(s) is/are located in front of the building.
- The route from the drop-off point(s) to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The multi-storey car park is located to the left here.
- There is also further multi-storey parking available off College Street.
- Please refer to the separate guides for details.
Route from Surface Car Park to Union Square
- There is step-free access to Union Square Shopping Centre.
- There are pedestrian crossings from the car park to the paths outside the shopping centre.
- There are bollards in places leading to the shopping centre. The minimum width between the bollards is 120cm.
- There is a very easy slope leading up to the shopping centre from parking spaces located to the left as you face of the shopping centre.
- The surface outside the shopping centre is concrete tiles.
Outside Access (Surface Car Park and Shopping Park Ground Floor Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located next to the Surface Car Park and Shopping Park.
- This entrance gives access to the ground floor of the shopping centre.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance sign says 'UNION SQUARE'.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 210cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- Alternative access at this entrance is via double manual doors which open towards you (pull).
- The opening width for the manual doors is 182cm.
- The ramp/slope is located leading up to the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.