Show Easy Read
- Clarks Village lies just off the A39 Bath to Bridgewater road at Street, near Glastonbury.
Motorway access from the M4 is via Junction 18, through Bath and then onto the A39.
The M5 meets the A39 at Junction 23 near Bridgewater and is signposted for Glastonbury and Wells.
Clarks Village is signposted throughout the area and the car park opens directly off the A39 between Street and Glastonbury.
- There are 3 open air car parks and a coach park around the site.
All car parks have designated parking for Blue Badge users.
Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- The nearest bus stop is located on Southleaze Orchard.
- For more information on Frome Bus services please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Castle Cary.
- Castle Cary Station is approximately 13miles from the venue.
- For more information on Castle Cary Station (National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Great Western Railway please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact Shopmobility.
- Shopmobility and Guest Services are combined and operate from the entrance at the Grange Car Park. For more information please see the separate guide to Shopmobility services.
Related Access Guides (Parking)
Outside Access (Shopmobility and Guest Services)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left under the archway approach from the Grange Car Park.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are light.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm.
- There is a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
Guest Services Counter
- The counter is located in the Shopmobility and Guest Services Office.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is 75cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- Services that are provided in Shopmobility and Guest Services include Shopmobility services, hospitality services for coach drivers, purchase of gift cards and all information services.
- There is not a digital wayfinders touchscreen at the counter.
- There is a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
- There is a waiting area close to the counter.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- The following types of seating can be found in this area; chairs without armrests.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- Route maps are not available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does not have to be booked in advance.
- There is not a hire charge.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- Equipment can be booked in advance or requested on the day.
- When guests arrive in any of the car parks (or the coach park) they can call the Shopmobility Office on 07484 532 941 and the equipment will be delivered or collected from them.
- The service is free.
- The nearest accessible and standard toilets are located in the Restaurant Terrace.
- There are additional accessible and standard toilet facilities in the Southside Shopping Area and Northside Car Park.
Related Access Guides (Clarks Village)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Clarks Village - Southside Shopping Area link (new tab) - click here.
- Clarks Village - Northside Shopping Area link (new tab) - click here.
- Clarks Village - Restaurant Terrace link (new tab) - click here.
- Clarks Village - Shopmobility and Guest Services link (new tab) - click here.