- The information in this section was taken in September 2020.
- Centre Management Offices are closed to the public but Guest Services is open for all enquiries.
- On arrival guests should expect to queue on entry and for all toilet facilities.
- When planning your visit, please read through the Guest Q&A, the centre map showing directional passage and the Guest Code of Conduct, which is under the Guest Services tab on the centres website.
- The centre is working hard to keep guests safe and for more information please click here.
- Gunwharf Quays Car Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The underground car park has 1,526 parking bays and is accessed via Park Road.
Enter Portsmouth on the M275 and follow the brown signs to the Historic Waterfront, and then Gunwharf Quays.
The M275 has links with the A3, A27 and M27.
If you are using a Sat-Nav, please use postcode PO1 3TZ.
An overflow car park for Gunwharf Quays is located on Wickham Street.
The postcode for Wickham Street Car Park is PO1 3EF.
- Gunwharf Quays Car Park has 35 Blue Badge bays which are clearly marked blue. The Blue Badge bays are situated next to the lifts, escalators and stairs in G section of the car park.
Parking charges apply for all visitors, including Blue Badge holders.
The overflow car park located on Wickham Street has 12 Blue Badge bays on the ground floor.
- For more information on road travel to Gunwharf Quays please click here (opens new tab).
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Portsmouth bus routes are covered by two bus operators, Stagecoach and First Bus.
Bus stops are located on the B2154, a few minute's walk from the Vernon Gate entrance to Gunwharf Quays.
Services to the bus stops are bus routes 3, 6, 16, 23, 25 and 700 Coastliner.
The Hard coach and bus station is a few minute's walk from Gunwharf Quays.
Long distance coaches National Express and Megabus operate from the coach station.
- For more information on First Group please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Stagecoach please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Portsmouth Harbour.
- Portsmouth Harbour Station is approximately 0.4 miles from Gunwharf Quays. There are direct services to and from London Waterloo, London Victoria, Cardiff Central, Basingstoke, Horsham and Brighton.
- For more information on Portsmouth Harbour - National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Southern Railway please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on GWR please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Southwestern Railway please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, mobility scooters and motorised wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact 023 9283 6773 for more information.
- The shop mobility scheme is run from the Car Park Office. There are electric scooters, powered wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs available to use. The mobility scheme is limited to use solely within Gunwharf Quays. You will be required to show a form of identification with your address on it when you hire the equipment.
- The Guest Services team have attended Dementia and Autism Awareness training and work alongside Toucan Diversity Training.
Related Access Guides (Gunwharf Quays Parking)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Gunwharf Quays - Main Car Park link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Wickham Street Car Park link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Car Park - Large Vehicles and Coaches link (new tab) - click here.
Outside Access (Centre Management Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Marlborough Avenue, next to Pret A Manger.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is an intercom.
- The height of the intercom is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is not a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Reception (Centre Management)
- The reception point is located beyond the Centre Management entrance.
- The reception point is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the Centre Management entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the reception point.
- Signs and universally accepted symbols or pictograms, indicating lifts, stairs, WCs, circulation routes and other parts of the building are not provided in the reception area.
- The type of flooring in the reception area is tiles.
Reception Seating Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
Quiet Room / First Aid
- The Quiet Room / First Aid is located at the rear of reception.
- Access into the room is via a single door.
- The door is heavy, opens towards you (pull) and has an opening width of 87cm.
- The surface of the floor is vinyl and the lighting is good.
- A chair without armrests, two recovery beds and privacy screens are located within the room.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located on Marlborough Avenue, between Adidas and The Cornish Bakery.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on Marlborough Avenue, between Adidas and The Cornish Bakery.
Related Access Guides (Gunwharf Quays)
- Gunwharf Quays - The Avenues - Ground Floor link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Plaza link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Waterfront link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Guest Services link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Parking and Information Office - Shopmobility link (new tab) - click here.