- On arrival guests should expect to queue on entry and for all toilet facilities.
- When planning your visit, please read through the Guest Q&A, the centre map showing directional passage and the Guest Code of Conduct, which is under the Guest Services tab on the centres website.
- The centre is working hard to keep guests safe and for more information please click here.
- Gunwharf Quays Car Park is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The underground car park has 1,526 parking bays and is accessed via Park Road.
Enter Portsmouth on the M275 and follow the brown signs to the Historic Waterfront, and then Gunwharf Quays.
The M275 has links with the A3, A27 and M27.
If you are using a Sat-Nav, please use postcode PO1 3TZ.
An overflow car park for Gunwharf Quays is located on Wickham Street.
The postcode for Wickham Street Car Park is PO1 3EF.
- Gunwharf Quays Car Park has 35 Blue Badge bays which are clearly marked blue. The Blue Badge bays are situated next to the lifts, escalators and stairs in G section of the car park.
Parking charges apply for all visitors, including Blue Badge holders.
The overflow car park located on Wickham Street has 12 Blue Badge bays on the ground floor.
- For more information on road travel to Gunwharf Quays please click here (opens new tab).
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Portsmouth bus routes are covered by two bus operators, Stagecoach and First Bus.
Bus stops are located on the B2154, a few minute's walk from the Vernon Gate entrance to Gunwharf Quays.
Services to the bus stops are bus routes 3, 6, 16, 23, 25 and 700 Coastliner.
The Hard coach and bus station is a few minute's walk from Gunwharf Quays.
Long distance coaches National Express and Megabus operate from the coach station.
- For more information on First Group please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Stagecoach please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Portsmouth Harbour.
- Portsmouth Harbour Station is approximately 0.4 miles from Gunwharf Quays. There are direct services to and from London Waterloo, London Victoria, Cardiff Central, Basingstoke, Horsham and Brighton.
- For more information on Portsmouth Harbour - National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Southern Railway please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on GWR please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Southwestern Railway please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact 023 9283 6773 for more information.
- The shop mobility scheme is run from the Car Park Office. There are electric scooters, powered wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs available to use. The mobility scheme is limited to use solely within Gunwharf Quays. You will be required to show a form of identification with your address on it when you hire the equipment.
- The Guest Services team have attended Dementia and Autism Awareness training and work alongside Toucan Diversity Training.
Related Access Guides (Gunwharf Quays Car Parks)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Gunwharf Quays - Main Car Park link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Wickham Street Car Park link (new tab) - click here.
- Gunwharf Quays - Car Park - Large Vehicles and Coaches link (new tab) - click here.
Entrance (Guest Services Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Central Square - The Avenues.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance sign says 'Guest Relations'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Guest Services Counter
- The counter is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is 79cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- The following services are provided; Gift Cards, Phone Charging, Lost & Found, First Aid Point, Transport Information, Accommodation Information, Child Safe Scheme, Children’s History Trail, Shopmobility (manual and powered wheelchairs/scooters), Restaurant Reservations, Restaurant Guide and Menus, Store Information, Tourist Information, Foreign Language Assistance, Pushchair Hire, Umbrella Hire, Events and Activity Information, Free WiFi Hotspot.
- There is not a digital wayfinding touchscreen at the counter.
- There is a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The type of flooring in this area is tiles.
- There is a waiting area close to the counter.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- The following types of seating can be found in this area; sofas.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- There are accessible and standard toilet facilities located within the Avenues and the Waterfront.
- The individual units may have their own accessible and standard toilet facilities.