- There is onsite parking available here with designated Blue Badge parking.
- The most accessible entrance has: a slight ramp/slope and an automatic door.
- There is step free access to the majority of the venue once inside.
- Toilet and changing facilities available include: an accessible toilet solely for the use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m from the main entrance.
- This venue also has the following available: seating.
- This venue has a car park .
- This is an open air car park with a tarmac, grass and gravel surface.
- Parking is free for all users.
- There are more than 10 Blue Badge parking bays.
- Potential obstacles between the Blue Badge parking and the entrance include uneven surfaces and loose chippings.
- There is not a designated drop-off point.
- On match days there are 15 temporary Blue Badge spaces marked with cones.
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the venue.
- Buses to/from Folkestone via the Elham Valley (route 17) and Hythe (route 18) serve the bus stops immediately outside the cricket ground on Old Dover Road.
Buses to/from Deal (route 12), Dover (route 15), and Folkestone via Hawkinge (Stagecoach Gold 16) all serve the bus stops on New Dover Road (a short walk down St. Lawrence Road opposite the ground).
There are frequent buses direct to Canterbury City Centre from the bus stop on New Dover Road adjacent St. Lawrence Road.
- The nearest train station is Canterbury East.
- Canterbury East Station is approximately 1 mile away.
Canterbury West Station is approximately 1.5 miles away.
For information on Canterbury East Station please click here
For information on Canterbury West Station please click here.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a slope with a slight gradient and a width of at least 150cm.
- The slope does not have handrails.
- There is a single automatic door which opens by sliding.
- The width of the opening is 91cm.
- There is not a second set of doors.
Eating and Drinking
- This is a restaurant which serves hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is step-free access.
- Tables can be booked in advance.
- There is a bar where food and drink can be ordered and a buffet counter.
- The following are available here: drinking straws, takeaway cups and a portable card machine for payment.
- There may be background noise here.
- There is not a low level counter at the recommended height for wheelchair users.
- The seating area has: room for a wheelchair user, tables which are accessible to wheelchair users and chairs without armrests.
- The seating area does not have: a priority table.
- Tables are at a recommended height for wheelchair users.
Pitchside Viewing - Ground Floor
- Pitchside viewing is located at the front of the building on the ground floor.
- This is accessed via a door with a width of 86cm or by the side of the building via a slight sloped pathway.
- Seating is comprised of wooden benches with armrest and sofas.
Accessible Toilet (Ground Floor - Right Hand Transfer)
- There is step-free access into the accessible toilet.
- There is a manual door which opens outwards and has a good colour contrast.
- The door has a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door opening is 86cm.
- The dimensions of the cubicle are 162cm x 230cm and it has a turning space of at least 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space to the right of the seat.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm from the side of the toilet pan to the wall.
- There is a lever flush on the transfer side.
- The following grab rails are available: a horizontal grab rail on the door, a horizontal grab rail on the non transfer side, a vertical grab rail on the transfer side and vertical grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- The following have a good colour contrast with their surroundings: the internal door, all grab rails, the dropdown rail and the floor.
- The following have a less clear colour contrast with their surroundings: the toilet seat.
- There is pull cord emergency alarm at a recommended height for a seated user.
- The cubicle also has: a waste bin without lid and a sanitary bin.
- The wash basin tap type is lever mixer.
- The following fixtures are at the recommended height: the toilet seat, the toilet roll holder, the soap dispenser and hand dryer.
- The following fixtures are not at a recommended height: the wash basin.
- The following fixtures can be reached from the toilet seat: the toilet roll holder, the wash basin and the soap dispenser.
- The following fixtures cannot be reached from the toilet seat: hand dryer.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked with handrails on both sides.
Standard Toilet(s) (First Floor - Male)
- There is step-free access into the toilet(s).
- The male standard toilet was surveyed.
- The wash basin tap type is lever mixer.
- Lighting levels are low in the cubicle.
Pitchside Viewing - First Floor
- Pitchside viewing is located at the front of the building on the first floor.
- The seating is comprised of seats without armrests that are accessed via clearly marked steps with no handrails.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- The Spitfire Ground – Cowdrey Stand / Centre link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Getting Around the Ground, Stands and Pitchside Seating link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Les Ames Stand Spitfire Bar link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Les Ames Stand Hospitality link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Oriole at the Lime Tree link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Underwood Knott Stand link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground - Kent Cricket Shop link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Frank Woolley Stand link (new tab) - click here.