- There is onsite parking available here with designated Blue Badge parking.
- The most accessible entrance has: steps and an open entrance with no doors.
- There is stepped access once inside.
- Toilet and changing facilities available include: standard toilets and an accessible toilet for the use of everyone.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m from the main entrance steps.
- This venue also has the following available: seating.
- This venue has a car park .
- This is an open air car park with a tarmac, grass and gravel surface.
- Parking is free for all users.
- There are more than 10 Blue Badge parking bays.
- Potential obstacles between the Blue Badge parking and the entrance include uneven surfaces and loose chippings.
- There is not a designated drop-off point.
- On match days there are 15 temporary Blue Badge spaces marked with cones.
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the venue.
- Buses to/from Folkestone via the Elham Valley (route 17) and Hythe (route 18) serve the bus stops immediately outside the cricket ground on Old Dover Road.
Buses to/from Deal (route 12), Dover (route 15), and Folkestone via Hawkinge (Stagecoach Gold 16) all serve the bus stops on New Dover Road (a short walk down St. Lawrence Road opposite the ground).
There are frequent buses direct to Canterbury City Centre from the bus stop on New Dover Road adjacent St. Lawrence Road.
- The nearest train station is Canterbury East.
- Canterbury East Station is approximately 1 mile away.
Canterbury West Station is approximately 1.5 miles away.
For information on Canterbury East Station please click here
For information on Canterbury West Station please click here.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked with handrails on both sides.
- The stairs are open.
First Floor Viewing Area
- The viewing area is accessed via a door at the top of the external staircase to the rear of the building.
- The door opens towards you and has a width of 86cm.
- The viewing area is covered.
- There are 1 to 7 clearly marked steps none of which have handrails to access the seats.
- The seating is fixed and without armrests.
Steps (Standard Toilets)
- There are 2 steps.
- The steps are clearly marked but there are no handrails.
Standard Toilet(s) (Underwood Knott Stand - External)
- There is step-free access into the toilet(s).
- The female toilet was surveyed.
- The wash basin tap type is lever mixer.
- There are two clearly marked steps beyond the entrance.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- The Spitfire Ground – Chiesman Pavilion link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Cowdrey Stand / Centre link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Getting Around the Ground, Stands and Pitchside Seating link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Les Ames Stand Spitfire Bar link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Les Ames Stand Hospitality link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Oriole at the Lime Tree link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Frank Woolley Stand link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground - Kent Cricket Shop link (new tab) - click here.