- There is onsite parking available here with designated Blue Badge parking.
- The most accessible entrance has: steps.
- There is stepped access once inside.
- Toilet and changing facilities available include: standard toilets and an accessible toilet for the use of everyone.
- This venue also has the following available: seating.
- This venue has a car park .
- This is an open air car park with a tarmac, grass and gravel surface.
- Parking is free for all users.
- There are more than 10 Blue Badge parking bays.
- Potential obstacles between the Blue Badge parking and the entrance include uneven surfaces and loose chippings.
- There is not a designated drop-off point.
- On match days there are 15 temporary Blue Badge spaces marked with cones.
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the venue.
- Buses to/from Folkestone via the Elham Valley (route 17) and Hythe (route 18) serve the bus stops immediately outside the cricket ground on Old Dover Road.
Buses to/from Deal (route 12), Dover (route 15), and Folkestone via Hawkinge (Stagecoach Gold 16) all serve the bus stops on New Dover Road (a short walk down St. Lawrence Road opposite the ground).
There are frequent buses direct to Canterbury City Centre from the bus stop on New Dover Road adjacent St. Lawrence Road.
- The nearest train station is Canterbury East.
- Canterbury East Station is approximately 1 mile away.
Canterbury West Station is approximately 1.5 miles away.
For information on Canterbury East Station please click here
For information on Canterbury West Station please click here.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked with handrails on both sides.
First Floor Viewing Area
- The viewing area is accessed via 1 to 15 clearly marked steps with no handrails.
- The seats are fixed and have no armrests.
Accessible Toilet (Frank Woolley Stand - External - Male - Left Hand Transfer)
- There is step-free access into the accessible toilet.
- There is a manual door which opens outwards and has a poor colour contrast.
- The door has a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door opening is 86cm.
- The dimensions of the cubicle are 162cm x 220cm and it has a turning space of at least 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space to the left of the seat.
- The lateral transfer space is 95cm from the side of the toilet pan to the wall.
- There is a spatula flush on the transfer side.
- The following grab rails are available: a horizontal grab rail on the non transfer side, a vertical grab rail on the transfer side and vertical grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- The following have a good colour contrast with their surroundings: the floor.
- The following have a less clear colour contrast with their surroundings: the internal door, all grab rails, the dropdown rail and the toilet seat.
- There is no emergency alarm.
- The cubicle also has: a waste bin without lid and a sanitary bin.
- The wash basin tap type is sensor.
- The following fixtures are at the recommended height: the toilet roll holder, the soap dispenser and towel dispenser.
- The following fixtures are not at a recommended height: the toilet seat and the wash basin.
- The following fixtures can be reached from the toilet seat: the toilet roll holder, the wash basin and the soap dispenser.
- The following fixtures cannot be reached from the toilet seat: towel dispenser.
Steps (Frank Woolley Stand - External Male Standard Toilets)
- There is one step.
- The step is clearly marked with a handrail on the right.
Standard Toilet(s) (Frank Woolley Stand - External)
- There is stepped access into the toilet(s).
- The male and female standard toilets were surveyed.
- The wash basin tap type is lever.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- The Spitfire Ground – Chiesman Pavilion link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Cowdrey Stand / Centre link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Getting Around the Ground, Stands and Pitchside Seating link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Les Ames Stand Spitfire Bar link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Les Ames Stand Hospitality link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Oriole at the Lime Tree link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Underwood Knott Stand link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground - Kent Cricket Shop link (new tab) - click here.