- There is onsite parking available here with designated Blue Badge parking.
- The most accessible entrance has: a slight ramp/slope and an automatic door.
- There is step free access to the majority of the venue once inside.
- Toilet and changing facilities available include: step free standard toilets and an accessible toilet for the use of everyone.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m from the main entrance.
- This venue also has the following available: seating.
- This venue has a car park .
- This is an open air car park with a tarmac, grass and gravel surface.
- Parking is free for all users.
- There are more than 10 Blue Badge parking bays.
- Potential obstacles between the Blue Badge parking and the entrance include uneven surfaces and loose chippings.
- There is not a designated drop-off point.
- On match days there are 15 temporary Blue Badge spaces marked with cones.
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the venue.
- Buses to/from Folkestone via the Elham Valley (route 17) and Hythe (route 18) serve the bus stops immediately outside the cricket ground on Old Dover Road.
Buses to/from Deal (route 12), Dover (route 15), and Folkestone via Hawkinge (Stagecoach Gold 16) all serve the bus stops on New Dover Road (a short walk down St. Lawrence Road opposite the ground).
There are frequent buses direct to Canterbury City Centre from the bus stop on New Dover Road adjacent St. Lawrence Road.
- The nearest train station is Canterbury East.
- Canterbury East Station is approximately 1 mile away.
Canterbury West Station is approximately 1.5 miles away.
For information on Canterbury East Station please click here
For information on Canterbury West Station please click here.
Entrance (Les Ames Stand)
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a slope with a slight gradient and a width of at least 150cm.
- The slope does not have handrails.
- There is a single automatic door which opens by sliding.
- The width of the opening is 90cm.
- There is not a second set of doors.
Eating and Drinking (Spitfire Bar)
- This is a bar which serves hot and cold snacks.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access.
- There is a bar where food and drink can be ordered and staff can provide assistance.
- Menu types include; written wall menus and menu boards.
- Menus are easy to read.
- The following are available here: drinking straws and takeaway cups.
- There is background noise here.
- There is not a low level counter at the recommended height for wheelchair users.
- The seating area has: room for a wheelchair user, tables which are accessible to wheelchair users, chairs with armrests and chairs without armrests.
- The seating area does not have: a priority table.
- There are some tables which are at a recommended height for wheelchair users.
- There is a door from the entrance area to the bar with a width of 85cm (photograph 1).
Ramp or Slope and Steps (Spitfire Bar)
- There is a ramp with a slight gradient and a width between 75cm and 150cm.
- The ramp has handrails on both sides.
- There are 3 steps.
- The steps are clearly marked with a handrail on the left.
- The ramp overcomes the steps.
Spitfire Bar - Pitchside Viewing Area
- The pitchside viewing area is accessed from the Spitfire Bar via a door with a width of 93cm.
- There is a lip at this entrance which is approximately 2cm high.
- There are chairs with armrests and tables with a height of 69cm in this area.
Accessible Toilet (Ground Floor - Left Hand Transfer)
- There is step-free access into the accessible toilet.
- There is a manual door which opens outwards and has a good colour contrast.
- The door has a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door opening is 85cm.
- The dimensions of the cubicle are 160cm x 220cm and it has a turning space of at least 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space to the left of the seat.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (from the side of the toilet pan to the wall).
- There is a spatula flush on the non transfer side.
- The following grab rails are available: a horizontal grab rail on the door, a horizontal grab rail on the non transfer side, a vertical grab rail on the transfer side and vertical grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- The following dropdown rails are available: a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- The following have a good colour contrast with their surroundings: the internal door, some grab rails and the floor.
- The following have a less clear colour contrast with their surroundings: some grab rails, the dropdown rail and the toilet seat.
- There a pull cord emergency alarm but it is not at a recommended height for a seated user.
- The cubicle also has: a full length mirror, a waste bin with lid and a sanitary bin.
- The wash basin tap type is lever mixer.
- The following fixtures are at the recommended height: the toilet seat, the toilet roll holder and the wash basin.
- The following fixtures are not at a recommended height: the soap dispenser, hand dryer and the baby changing facility.
- The following fixtures can be reached from the toilet seat: the toilet roll holder and the wash basin.
- The following fixtures cannot be reached from the toilet seat: the soap dispenser and hand dryer.
Standard Toilet(s) (Ground Floor)
- There is step-free access into the toilet(s).
- There is a manual door which opens inwards and has a good colour contrast.
- The male standard toilet was surveyed.
- There is also a female toilet in the same location.
- The wash basin tap type is lever.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- The Spitfire Ground – Chiesman Pavilion link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Cowdrey Stand / Centre link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Getting Around the Ground, Stands and Pitchside Seating link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Kent Cricket Shop link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Oriole at the Lime Tree link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Underwood Knott Stand link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground – Frank Woolley Stand link (new tab) - click here.
- The Spitfire Ground - Les Ames Stand Hospitality link (new tab) - click here.